side note: When I was in college I studied abroad my 2 year in the deep tropical rainforest of Belize ( a must see in ur life!) There God taught me MANY things about HIS HEART for the WORLD. God gave me a vision then of "the women He CREATED ME TO BE"... he also made me aware that I was NOT "her" yet. This "women" that I envisioned was not a physical one, she was a spiritual form... she was the kind of "women" that draws people to her with her LOVE and GRACE; "she" is a women full of humility, yet who can proclaim TRUTH boldly and not offend people. She is a women that does not fear not knowing, b/c she knows God is with her. She takes hold of what is Ok and makes it GREAT, she does not complain or become embittered by what she lacks BUT rejoices in the blessings that abound around her no matter how small. She's the kind of women that when one meets you just want to stay with her "a little longer". A spiritual mother, a caring sister and friend that uplifts and serves those around her. A women that points to Christ in all that she does...
Needless to say this "image" is ALOT. It would be a defeating thing, if I was to "become her " on my own. BUT God also spoke (without speaking) truth into "this women He created me to be" and it was this : that HE would transform me to be her. All I had to do was be willing, to struggle and wrestle with the issues and characteristics that God brought up and LISTEN to his whispers as me slowly, painfully BUT ALWAYS JOYFULLY changed those things in me.
Ok so when I was talking to my parents both of them separately, told me about great ways they have seen God change me and mold me in the last few years. It brought tears to my eyes both times. Sometimes I feel SO far away from "that women" I want to be, and other times I can see God working in me, changing me, TRANSFORMING ME... and to have my parents speak TRUTH to me about God's transforming power in my life, wow it was such a blessing. A true gift, to see through their eyes where I have come from and where I am going... Both of them told me again and again that I WAS becoming this women and would one day be her.
I don't know if I will every be FULLY her before I die, but to even be half the women that God gave me a vision for, wow now that would be something AMAZING! something so worth it... that it pushes me to give more and more over to Him...
No comments:
Post a Comment