Friday, July 2, 2010
Story...
I've been reading Donald Miller's blog for the past year now and I love it so much! I really feel like Don and I are friends... I've even commented on his blog... which is ALMOST like having a conversation with him right? lol
Anyways the reason I really love him, is that he makes me think... makes me reevaluate ... and long for MORE in my life. I love it.
Don has this thing were he talks about life in the means of a "story". I heard him speak years ago about that and I grabbed hold of that concept. I love it. I think the idea that I have a story that can pour into God's larger story... I love that I am moving fwd in my story, progressing... not just aimlessly living. There is a quote on the my Fb that I stoled from somewhere I can't remember now : " committed to living FULLY rather then settling for mere existence"
I want that quote to resemble my life. I want to live for something more then just the circumstance and emotions in front of me.
I try really hard to live for more... to be more... to see Jesus heart and chase after it.
I was talking to my mom the other day about how much I love Jesus... I know sounds random but I go off on these "soapboxes" sometimes with my family... they are use to it... haha
I was talking about how people always misquote that bible vs that's about how the Lord will give you the "desires of your heart" ... and they make it about "them".. what they "want"... I really believe that vs is talking about WHEN the LORD is the desire of our heart we will have ALL that we NEED in HIM... b/c he will be our desire.
People seem to esp use this one when it comes to " life partners"... "well if you really want a husband the Lord will give it to you..." ahhh That just drives me crazy... so If I REALLY want to lose 20 lbs the Lord will jsut do it? haha sorry I know maybe thats going extreme but thats how I feel about it.
So I was telling my mom how the desire of my heart really is JESUS. And how if I never get married, or never lose 20 lbs ;) that its ok b/c Jesus is what I desire and who I am seeking after and in ALL circumstances HE will meet my NEEDS... I have such PEACE in that... I love it... I feel like I could go through anything and have PEACE b/c he is my desire . ***** someone remind me of this next time i start freaking out about something haha ****
I want to live my life to the FULLEST, to LOVE those around me till I have nothing left, and to rest in the Arms of my creator as he reshapes me more and more to be the women he intended me to be =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment