Monday, November 29, 2010

united

I use to never understand WHY someone would want to be married. I looked at it as though it was some ritual that people do to feel like they are making progress in life, or so that they weren't lonely.
I honestly wasn't lying when I would say I had no desire to get married... I just didn't understand it.
But now I do. The problem wasn't that I didn't REALLY know what marriage was about, I couldn't understand it because I was thinking of it in a completely wrong way... now I know marriage is about LOVING someone so much that you want to unite your life with theirs, b/c you couldn't imagine living any other way. Its about CARING about someone so much that you want them so near to you, so you can encourage them when they need you, hug them when their sad and laugh with them when they are being silly. Marriage is about LOVE, and never wanting those moments when you look your love in the eyes and just feel so overwhelmed with joy and warmth... b/c you know they cherish you too.

No comments: