Friday, April 30, 2010

sex, drugs, porn and Teens! ahhh

Today was one of those days where I am so grateful that I have built deep meaningful relationships with my teens, and in the same moment I am like in my head " PLEASE don't say that! O I didn't want to know... not really".
Ya so today will filled with talk of Sex, anger and TV shows. Yesterday was porn, drugs and university. O and Yes I had an hour convo with one of my 17 year old boys about NOT HAVING SEX WITH HIS 16 year old girlfriend... even though he was the one saying he thought it was a bad idea and that they shouldn't b/c they weren't ready! and while i was proud of his hard decision and wisdom in it... in my head I'm still thinking Am I REALLY HAVING THIS CONVO!???
I get tired of doing parents jobs... which is I guess my there is a need for my job... Lost, selfish, superficial, parents don't know how to teach their children ethics and morals... I had one of my 13 year old girls tell me this week that she got drunk and was partying at a boys house over the weekend and her mom was totally ok with her sleeping there. I was like WHAT!!? and this is what she said and I quote " My mom doesn't care about what I do with my life as long as I get good grades." HEARTBREAK! So I told her " WELL Guess what! I CARE! and I love you and don't want to see you make stupid decisions and get hurt! Please be careful and don't do that again! "
JESUS these kids need you so much! And I feel like I constantly fail in bring them to your feet.... I am loving them as best as can with your love and I pray that it is making a difference... my heart is just so broken for them sometimes that I just don't know what to say...
ahhhh

No comments: