Thursday, February 25, 2010

cool night and tears of joy and sadness

I got off the plane from Dar the other night, the cool night breeze whipped around me as I climbed down the plane stairs. I breathed in AFRICA, and my heart was sad to know that soon that would change. I got my bags and headed to the shuttle. As I sat between two Tanzanian men, whose bodies touched me from the closeness, I remembered what it felt like to be uncomfortable in touch and yet how that was just a memory now. I was comfortable as I sat there and watched the moon light the dark road we traveled back to moshi. Imogen Heap sang in my ears as thoughts washed over my mind. The moment was just perfect, I felt such peace and my heart was singing... Small tears escaped my eyes as I thought about these last 3 years here in Tanzania... such joy, such growth... intense pain and loneliness at times, but the Lord was with me each step and has brought good things about with every inch of growth. It pains my heart to think about leaving this beautiful place that has become home... But once again God is calling me on a new adventure where only goodness can abound. O Africa how I pray that the Lord will bring me back to this place of beauty, where a piece of my heart is buried.

No comments: