
I was heart broken this last week when I uncovered that my night guard had beaten my dogs. Which is why they were acting so weird at nite. Now I know my dogs aren't people, but let me tell you they are so special to me... like "my children". As I uncovered more and had more and more talks I found out that one of my dogs, Stoney had bitten the guard since he beat him and now they hate each other. Stoney hides in the house then he sees Joesph... Joesph is quite afraid as well! Its such a sad and bad situation. (just so you know he is working with my other workers to learn to love the dogs and not be afraid of them... he's been working for me for over a year! and the problem just started since I left for the US at christmas! he knows that if the dogs don't end up liking him that he will lose his job. so he is trying hard.. maybe too hard haha but its good)
I was sitting with my "little boys" the other nite and looking at them thinking to myself " how did I not know!!?" It made me think of how we meet people everyday in our lives that are broken, maybe dealing with addictions, or in abusive situations, or that have been sexually abused... and we don't know. Here at my OWN house, under my nose, brokenness and abuse taking form (well technically I was out of the country when it started ! but STILL 2 months since then when the the dogs were in fear).
We never know what people are going though, or have gone though. We all need the deep healing of Christ to deal with the brokenness and ugliness in the world and in our lives.
Part of me understands that Joesph did what he did out of fear and lack of understanding... but why do people do these horrible things to other people? to children? the need for power? control? fear? lack of self worth? selfishness? I can't even imagine... thought I know it is happening everyday, everywhere in the world... people, children without voices... made to live in fear... broken .... in need of deep healing.
Lord give us hearts that desire to heal your people, hands that hold their little hands, feet that move them from danger, and voices for those without a voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment