I was talking to a friend the other day, about how much I LOVE YoungLife and how I see such a GREAT NEED for it in the messed up lives of teens. So often my heart is broken over the struggles of my young friends. In the Bible there is this dude named Nehemiah, and there is a chapter where he cries out to God about how broken he is for his people and his country. I did a study on it years ago at a YL training. When we read it, I understood his deep pain, his broken heart; b/c its how I feel for my young friends.
I know that soon I will be leaving YL staff, and heading on to grad school, but I need people to know, to understanding: Its NOT because I think I'm going on to "bigger and better things". Its not b/c I need to "grow up" ( like my last blog was about). And its defiantly not b/c I'm over it, or have out grown it or become burned out. O I wish you could just see the joy that fills me as I talk about my young friends.
What I do, with YL, is one of the most important things in the world! I'm sure of that. Its one of the best jobs ever. Its been my dream job for so long. And I still feel it is. I still believe it is something Jesus has asked me to give my heart to... I'm not just talking about YL, I'm talking about loving, mentoring and walking next to teens as they face the struggles of life.
I felt the need to share this, b/c so often when people "transfer" out of one place/ thing, they feel as though they are moving on to something " bigger and better". As though their current place/job would hold them back from the greater things in life. I don't feel that way. I mean I'm excited for what God is calling me to with Art Therapy. And I know it will be good and where he wants me. But better then what he is using me for now? No I don't think so, different but the same goodness... I just pray that I am open to the JOY that he will bring though new avenues of serving him, and the blessings that will come in different way...
I love my life. I love what I do. I am broken hearted for the teens of this world... I want to be wherever Jesus wants me... so I'm "transitioning"... But I Love my life
Sunday, March 14, 2010
I still love my life...
I was talking to a friend the other day, about how much I LOVE YoungLife and how I see such a GREAT NEED for it in the messed up lives of teens. So often my heart is broken over the struggles of my young friends. In the Bible there is this dude named Nehemiah, and there is a chapter where he cries out to God about how broken he is for his people and his country. I did a study on it years ago at a YL training. When we read it, I understood his deep pain, his broken heart; b/c its how I feel for my young friends.
I know that soon I will be leaving YL staff, and heading on to grad school, but I need people to know, to understanding: Its NOT because I think I'm going on to "bigger and better things". Its not b/c I need to "grow up" ( like my last blog was about). And its defiantly not b/c I'm over it, or have out grown it or become burned out. O I wish you could just see the joy that fills me as I talk about my young friends.
What I do, with YL, is one of the most important things in the world! I'm sure of that. Its one of the best jobs ever. Its been my dream job for so long. And I still feel it is. I still believe it is something Jesus has asked me to give my heart to... I'm not just talking about YL, I'm talking about loving, mentoring and walking next to teens as they face the struggles of life.
I felt the need to share this, b/c so often when people "transfer" out of one place/ thing, they feel as though they are moving on to something " bigger and better". As though their current place/job would hold them back from the greater things in life. I don't feel that way. I mean I'm excited for what God is calling me to with Art Therapy. And I know it will be good and where he wants me. But better then what he is using me for now? No I don't think so, different but the same goodness... I just pray that I am open to the JOY that he will bring though new avenues of serving him, and the blessings that will come in different way...
I love my life. I love what I do. I am broken hearted for the teens of this world... I want to be wherever Jesus wants me... so I'm "transitioning"... But I Love my life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment