Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Maybe I was born to hold you in these arms...
"Use the truth as a weapon
To beat up all your friends
Every chink in the armor
An excuse to cause offense
And the boys from the hallways
Calling out your name
And true love will find them in the end
You were restless
I was somewhere less secure
So I went running to the road
And so now there's
A long list of places I was
I quit my rambling and I came home
Cause maybe I was born to hold you in these arms
Maybe I was born to hold you in these arms"
-The Swell Season " In these arms"
I know this song is about a man and women, but when I hear it I think about my YL kids. I think about all the pain and anger they are running from and into. I think about how "maybe I was born to hold" them in my arms of Love- the arms of Jesus. I have had a bad past week, but today I was with my girls at L&L bible lunch and I was talking about our NEED for Jesus. Afterwards I was talking to one of my "7th graders/M2" about hanging out and I was like " ya know I'd like to talk with you, and hear what your thinking since I know your still processing this whole God thing, and who Jesus is." she said " O ya, sure. Ya know I've been praying alot to God lately, and I feel so good when I'm talking to him. Its great."
Somedays I feel like I want to throw my theology out the window as I see hurt and pain and what seems the "absence of God" in the world. Somedays I can't find anyone that I feel do justice to expressing the amazing love of Jesus and so I am silenced. Somedays I just want to cry over the broken hearts of my kids and all the work, pain, and self discovery that is still ahead of them. But EVERYday I am thankful for the Presence of the Holy Spirit that soothes my soul and says " don't worry I got this one." Everyday I am sure that the arms of Jesus are WHERE I want to be, and EVERYDAY I know he is Word is TRUE, ALIVE and HEALING...
( i don't know if it shows up right for you guys but I really do put spaces and paragraphs but when i publish it -it always melts back into some huge clump sorry about that! i don't know how to fix it =P )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment