If I'm to be honest I was frustrated with the class too, b/c I felt it did not talk enough about the spiritual reality of a spiritual warfare. I'm not a crazy radical on this subject, but I am realizing more and more that this is a huge blind spot for American Christians and it is excactlly where Satan wants us. If we fail to see the POWER of God, how he interacts in our everyday lives, how he not only listens but ANSWERS us... then where will we turn with all the "middle" stuff in our lives. Not the super important stuff that we need God's help in and not the stuff we know we can explain with science... ( this was actually a point the class made, but it didn't go too much into it after pointing out it was a problem.)
What do we do with the "everyday life" stuff! This is the kind of stuff of life , choices that consume more of our time, not the big stuff, or the stuff we expect b/c of scientific understanding.... the stuff of what do we eat, where do buy our clothes, how do we live? how do we use our money? how do we treat people? How do we serve others? O that stuff is easy you say, it TELLS us in the bible what we should do... so we already know. WELL then why are we not doing it? Why is it so hard for us to not shop at a store (walmart) that we know is not dealing with good ethics or morals. Why do we make excuses for our government that makes it easier for big corporations to misuse 3rd world economic systems. Why is it so hard for us to actually serve each other, without feeling unappreciated or used.... Why is it so hard for us to give away what isn't ours already ( money- its God's people).... I'm not casting judgement.. these things are hard for me... if Target became a horrible company I think I would literally cry. haha I know sounds stupid , but really, it should matter to us, these issues should be hard for us to choose, to resist... to do what is right and just.
I told my mom the other night that I'm becoming quite the radical... haha the more I let God transform my heart, the more I see how much I need it... the more I see the world with his eyes, and the more my heart breaks. Most often recently my heart breaks over feeling helpless... not know how to make the right choices... do chose the right thing. Now don't get me wrong I'm not becoming more legalistic... just more aware, more sensitive, more engaged in the world around me... this world that God loves so much, and that is so broken and in need of his healing hands.. which he chooses US to be those hands, those feet...
1 comment:
i lo ve u an d this. sutgery went Awesome more layrt
Post a Comment