Monday, September 14, 2009

When you Love you are Unlimited

Thats what my yogi tea bag has said a few times in the last week ( imported from the USA curtsy of Mom)
I was talking to my mom today and I was overwhelmed with tears of Joy as I told her how God was at work in and around me. I will admit Eve's curse is upon me so that always helps with the tears... haha.  But truly deep down inside me, my spirit is so moved sometimes by the TRUTH God is showing me. Sometimes it about what's in my heart , which isn't always good, but is always TRANSFORMING!  Other times its something I am reminded of  WHO God is, or what he desires his people to look like.  "Priests to the Nations". Thats what he asked of Israel when the first covenant was made at Mt Sinai.  "Bought with a price". Thats what he tells me he did for my life. 
I was created to be in relationship, to be in connection, to experience the presence of the Creator of the Universe. To know his intimate love and grace.  Tears fill my eyes, not because I'm sad or feel unworthy , they flow b/c I am so moved to know THIS is the God that loves me. 
I was talking to my mom about this Rob Bell video, a Nooma video. In the video Rob talks about how to imagine a Almighty God, a creator of the universe that is unifiable, is hard for him to wrap his mind around. BUT JESUS, that he can get, Jesus was sent so man could KNOW how to be in relationship with God again, so man could know how to live, love, serve. So that man could connect to GOD.  He talked about how he likes to imagine God like a song, thats always playing, thats always been playing. And how everyone in the world is playing something and either we're in-tune with the song, or we're not.  And he said that some people know every thing about Christianity, but look little like Jesus. And others don't know that much about Jesus and aren't too sure about God but they live in tune with the song.
I told my mom how that SCARES some Christians. Hearing that, realizing that EVEN if they do all the right things and live by the laws they might not be insync with the heart of God! And how someone who is confused could be more in tune with God's heart! 
I told her I believe that is so true! Jesus didn't come to bring a religion, he came to show us how to live, love, serve and ultimately he came to SAVE us so we CAN be in relationship , in tune with the GOD of the Universe, the God of our hearts. 
Grace is radical and life changing as well as life saving ....
When we experience Christ's love we are unlimited.... there is a freedom, a beauty that can be known no other way.... I'm so grateful for that 

1 comment:

Child of Wonder said...

your heart is so uplifting to mine. <3