Wednesday, October 7, 2009

hospitals...

I've always hated hospitals growing up. My grandparents were in them alot and then in the last few years my father has seen more then his share of those walls. Today as I left m wonderful dog stoney, at the Vet, or as the Vet says the "hospital", I was reminded why I hate those places.  You see people at their worst, looking helpless and weak. Sometimes they are dying, sometimes they are recovering but still look horrible... u don't see happy faces and health in a hospital... if u do then they are faking. 
I have been going and sitting with Stoney for the past few days as he gets a drip line of medicine pumped into him. Today he wasn't looking good, he reminded me of an old man that was on his last leg. I begged him to get better, I prayed over him, I cried over him and I promised him I'm bring him back to CA if he made it.... if he makes it I might have to re think that promise....  but the worst of it was I felt broken hearted. As much as I can say " he's just a dog" the reality that he has been so much more to me, overshadows his form.  My heart broke once over Cody, the dog I told my mom " was like a brother to me". She got mad at me for saying that, I was so hurt and didn't understand her anger... he was like a brother... esp when ur an only child!  
Now my stoney, who has been my support and encourager, and snuggler since the 3rd day I have lived in Tanzania!  O Lord don't let him die. I need him.  pray that he makes it .... 

No comments: