This Last year God has taught me SO much, and has really begun to transform my character! It has been a beautiful thing. He has been teaching me so much about "loving other well", forgiving deeply, healing, He's been dispelling fears in my life, and renewing my heart with Truth. He has my heart desiring more and more humility! ( which I discovered is not something you have automatically if your not prideful! haha) I really feel like my reactions, my first instincts are changing. that I am slower to speak, more willing to step back and let another lead, without feeling "less" or like my opinion has been disregarded. I don't see things as personally attacking me now, instead I am finding my firmness and identity in Christ! It is so exciting!
In the last 5 months God has been leading my future towards Art Therapy. But I still wanted to be in Moshi doing YL. I felt like it was were I was suppose to be! My internship was up and I didn't have a choice to stay. I felt pushed out. Then two weeks before my Yl training I felt complete PEACE about leaving! God was doing GREAT things with my kids and having great convos, but I felt a PEACE and understanding that God was saying 'your done'. It was great. THEN YL training was last week.... I shared my great Peace about Leaving and then they asked me to stay on another year! WHAT!!!! I was so confused. I wanted to stay! I want to be here in Moshi I want to keep working for YoungLife... But as I prayed and sought the Lords will, It became more and more clear that I was done here. Yesterday I was praying and there was this moment where God was like " LISTEN!! I've been telling you are done for months now. I have something else planed for you. You just didn't want to accept it." wow I started to cry. I don't want to leave, everything is set up for me to stay... even my parents are supportive of me staying! but God has made it clear I am moving home and pursing art therapy! I have such PEACE and I'm so excited. I realized today after I told my boss I wasn't coming back, that I needed to be asked back, so that I could really know that this path of Art Therapy is really a NEW thing God is calling me to, not just something that I'm being pushed into b/c I'm being pushed out of YL.... no God is the one directing this and he is beginning something NEW in me and for me again! I am excited and nervous , but READY and I know that no matter what comes God is with me!
1 comment:
i'm so happy for you. =D
and humility, huh? well, i wish a special someone shared your sentiment! ;P
Post a Comment