Sunday, October 4, 2009

I want your mouth...

Last week in my homegroup, I ask the group to be open to hearing from the Holy Spirit, to listen to hear where he wanted to work on us ,and what "spiritual gifts" he had given us and wanted to use.  In our prayer time I had a long period of silence  to " hear from the HS" .... during this time I kept hearing over and over again " I want your mouth."  I asked what that meant but in the same moment I knew in my heart. Over the past week I have been reminded of what the Holy Spirit is asking of me. 
Now I know you are like umm Alisa, you work for YoungLife.. the Lord uses ur mouth. I know but I'm gonna be honest ... b/c no one reads this blog anyways...  I don't always trust God enough to give the "PC" or edited version of Himself. I know... what!   I am constantly afraid of being that "crazy Jesus lady".  I want Truth to be heard... so I've taken it out of Gods hands and placed in it in my Californian Political Correct mouth. I know I hate to admit it, but sometimes I think JEsus is too pushy... I mean I know having a relationship with him is the most important thing in the world, but I want the kids to think I'm cool...... o crap thats the wrong answer ?! BLASTED
So This whole week the saying " I want your mouth" has been replaying in my head.  YL went well, WL went awesome... and  I gave good talks... but I knew that wasn't what God was asking of me... I already did YL talks well, and communicated his Love and Grace and our Need for Christ well in talks....    BUT today I "gave my mouth" to God.  I would like to say that I have conversations with kids, adults and others about Jesus all the time....  BUT today as I thought my day was headed for bad, God took it and made it great and dangerous. 
 So I got home from church and was suppose to go to a Japanese party! I was so excited. I made a cake and was getting ready to go when I realized that Stoney was really struggeling. I  was worried about him last nite, but day he was still bad. So I ended up taking him to the vet. ( he's still there and I'm worried still  )  I got home from the vet and felt very sad, and worried.  I started to eat my cake... oops! I'm trying to lose weight! But my "emotions" wanted to eat! haha So I got on FB and told a bunch of the kids ( that were online) that I was coming with cake. I got to school and  was mobbed by 10 girls, who finished the cake very fast.  Soon there was only 3 of us talking and an empty pan.  The girls started asking questions about God and YL and what really was Jesus all about. Kathleen , my buddhist girl , was there and at first  was like "can we not talk about religions" and the other girls were like no we have questions. Kathleen kept piping into the convo about how God is like a good father and loves us. She said at one point, " the way you talk about God,  you make me want to change religions and be a Christian." !!!!! I was like so excited,  and was like " Well Jesus loves you and wants to be apart of your life, its your choice."  We are going to continue that convo later.  The 3 of us ended up talking for 2 hours! and it was Amazing! I shared things about the reality of the world, the spiritual realm and our NEED for Jesus and only him... things that I wouldn't normally share, things that I would be nervous to say... things that were not PC. I was praying so much the whole time. I was letting the Holy Spirit have my "mouth". People kept walking int and out during our convo ( we were in the kitchen) and even the Hindu Boarding  mom stopped by to chat a bit. SO many distractions, so many chances to feel awkward and to delay the convos to later, but the girls and the Holy Spirit wouldn't hear of it.  I ended up leaving only b/c they had to go to dinner.  But they all said, how much they enjoyed talking and really wanted to talk more about Jesus and the world and life. !!!!! I  was so excited and nervous all in the same moment! My heart was beating so fast every time someone would walk threw... what snippets where they hearing, was I going to become the "crazy Jesus lady"....  As I drove off campus, I knew it didn't matter. Jesus asked me for my mouth I gave it to him,  He will use it in the way he wants.
I wont lie giving the HS my mouth, still makes me nervous, but I NEED to learn to trust that he knows when truth needs to be said and when the mouth just needs to be shut. 

2 comments:

bp1268 said...

love your insights and wisdom

bp1268 said...

love your insights and wisdom....keep up talking to the walls it is p roductive